The diploma will show both to the graduate and the attestation commission, as far as the student is ready to conduct design and research activities. The work will be evidence of the following points:
- Has the student sufficiently mastered the methods and technology of research,
- is he capable of analytic work
- did you get the right conclusions from the research done
- Did you use modern achievements in your work?
- whether orienting in the calculation methods.
Graduation design – this is the final stage of student education in higher education. In addition, this is his first independent engineering work, which is aimed at improving the creative potential, the expansion of theoretical knowledge and their practical application.
Why do we need guidelines for the implementation of graduation projects
It would seem that there is knowledge and assistance of a supervisor. Why use the manuals?
But most of all the graduate in the difficult task of writing the last qualifying work will help exactly the training manual. It performs several important functions at once:
- Introduces students to the organization of diploma design and the content of theses.
- Lists possible topics.
- Describes in detail the content of graduation projects.
- Lists the requirements for the content and design of graphic material and explanatory notes.
- And now let’s see which sections will appear in the guidelines with a brief description.
In the section “General Provisions” you will find information about what exactly is a graduation project.
It also lists student rights. For example, the choice of topics and the procedure for assigning the selected topic to a specific student.
This section describes in detail how and by whom the subject is developed, how a supervisor is assigned to a student, as well as his (head) job responsibilities.
Guidelines for graduate design also contain instructions if the student performed a thesis at the enterprise.
Here you will find out who the reviewer is, who appoints him and when, what he does.
The content and composition of graduation projects
The guidelines for writing a thesis clearly states what should be part of this work:
- settlement and explanatory note. Its volume should not exceed 120 A4 pages;
- graphic material. This includes at least 6 drawings / figures / tables in A1 format (if the student is studying for engineering specialties).
The contents of the diploma radio character
A student of radio engineering specialties should pay attention to the following sections in his graduation project:
- Relevance of the topic with the rationale.
- Description of the structural scheme of the developed device with justification.
- Basic theory pertaining to device design.
- Development and calculation of the electrical circuit.
- An experimental study of the device and the results of machine modeling.
- Design development of the device.
Conclusions and conclusion of the project.
The settlement and explanatory note also has its structure. And at thesis design it is necessary to follow the guidelines for creating this section of the diploma. Make sure that in the settlement and explanatory note were the following parts:
- review and analysis of similar devices;
- development and justification of technical requirements for the device;
- development and justification of the structural, functional, conceptual design of the device;
- constructive development unit;
- economic justification;
- occupational health and safety measures;
- civil defense measures;
- conclusion and conclusion;
- bibliographic list.
Content of a research diploma
In the guidelines for the graduation project of research type will be approximately the following paragraphs:
- selection and substantiation of the topic, formulation of objectives and relevance of the study;
- problem analysis according to literature and patent information, possible ways to solve the research problem;
- theory of research, the conclusions of the main relations and laws;
- methodology and generalization of experimental and theoretical studies;
- economic justification;
- provision of occupational health and safety measures;
Special questions of diploma design
You have already noticed that regardless of the focus and profile of the specialty in the thesis work there are points common to all (economic justifications, labor protection measures and civil defense).
But sometimes a graduate may be assigned to solve special tasks that are not originally included in the list of necessary. For example:
- calculation of the main indicators of the quality of the device;
- conducting a patent search;
- carrying out calculations by computer.
How to search for answers to these questions, you can ask the supervisor or search for this information in the general provisions of the university or the department.
Organization of diploma design
Other information will be listed here. For example, everything that concerns the guidelines and recommendations on the design of the thesis and the procedure for its delivery.
But do not despair! Despite the fact that a diploma is an independent work, always remember: you are not alone working on this task. The whole process will be supervised by the head, as well as the curator of the department, who will guide, monitor the correctness of the decisions made, help in difficult situations.
The duties of the curator will also include checking the compliance of the material with the design tasks, tracking the observance of the calendar plan and work schedule, providing scientific advice, systematically checking the student’s work and communicating with the head of the department about how the work is going.
As soon as the project is completed, it will have to be signed by the direct author, consultants, norm control. Now you can pass the diploma to provide feedback supervisor. The document will fully describe the algorithm of the manager’s actions, as well as the parameters by which he will evaluate the work.